What if you thought you were a child of God, but at the end of time, God rejects you? That’s a scary thought but it’s one I find most so-called Christians rarely ponder.
I want to see as many people saved as possible, but I know there’s a devil out there deceiving the masses. We need to accept the reality of three things:
- What we call Christianity has been corrupted for centuries.
- The greed of religious leaders has moved them to tell people whatever makes them feel comfortable.
- The Church Exodus movement has deceived some into believing their departure from organized religion makes them alright with God.
But we’re commanded to stay awake.
God instructs us:
Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith (2 Cor 13:5 NLT).
Whether we know we’re saints or not; we need to examine ourselves to see if we’re still in right standing with God. We can stop believing.
Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons (1 Tim 4:1 NLT).
This gives us an indication that many will turn away from what is right and believe lies. This doesn’t mean people will stop attending church, but perhaps they change the message to suit their sins.
2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. 3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear (2 Tim 4:2-3 NLT).
We see here that people have supported teachers and preachers that teach them whatever makes them feel good, regardless if it’s true. How do you know you haven’t been attending a church like this?
21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ (Matt 7:21-23 NLT)
This scripture says that you can be born again, operate in the gifts of God, and still be rejected. And for what? Sin; not doing the will of God. This scripture speaks against the doctrine of the saying “Once Saved Always Saved.”
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Cor 6:9-10 NLT).
Again, this scripture was written to children of God and everyone else. He first tells us not to be fooled or deceived; this is because we can. If you practice sin, you will not inherit the kingdom of God; no matter what your pastor told you.
20 Signs you may not be in right standing with God:
Without further ado, here are 20 signs you might be a child of Satan. The more these statements apply to you, the worse your condition, but don’t worry, God is your salvation.
- You don’t believe there’s anything seriously wrong with your soul. You think you’re a “good person.”
- You hold to Calvinism despite biblical evidence that it’s false.
- You don’t respect God.
- You rarely accept full blame for your sin. refuse to receive correction.
- You refuse to repent and apologize when you hurt people.
- You have secret sins.
- Some sins don’t bother you.
- Bible study and prayer is a chore.
- The bible is solely a book of knowledge not a book for moral transformation.
- You don’t believe God inspired the Bible or it’s without error.
- All your prayers are for selfish desires that don’t align with God’s will. God is a genie to you.
- You have more worldly friends than godly ones, and the world loves you.
- You lie, steal, cheat, manipulate, fornicate, covet, disrespect, practice sin without conviction.
- You believe your good works and law keeping will save you.
- You believe you can continue to practice sin and still go to heaven.
- You continue to deny Christ before men. “007 Christian.”
- You have trouble understanding spiritual concepts.
- You’re just not confident that you’re a child of God. The Spirit doesn’t testify.
- You label people who follow the bible and who live a holy life as “radical.”
- No growth after um-teen years, but yet an excuse for sin every time; and a mention of the past often (I’m better than I used to be. I don’t do that or this no more). Prodigal son story.
If any of these has convicted you, just know that God loves you and wants to save you. All you have to do is confess and repent of your sins and seek to be more like his Son. If your desire is genuine, his Holy Spirit will lead you to salvation. Search this website and contact us for more for more information.