This is for those who’ve just recently decided to believe the gospel message and follow Christ; and a reminder for those of us who’ve been following Jesus for a while.
This is for those who’ve just recently decided to believe the gospel message; and a reminder for those of us who’ve been following Jesus for a while—we can agree there are at least 5 downsides to being a follower of Christ:
- The requirement of self-denial.
- Lost of temporal life (potentially).
- Inner struggle with yourself and demons.
- Persecution from the world and false Christians.
- Lost of material things, relationships and social status.
Jesus said to “count the cost” if you want to continue with him (Luke 14:26-33), but I would add that, after you understand Jesus’ teachings, the downsides are just a necessary bridge to the many blessings, and the benefits far outweigh the downsides. Here are the many blessings of following Christ:
- Escape from hell.
- Eternal life in heaven.
- Inner joy and peace.
- Fellowship with like-minded people.
- A citizen of a righteous and holy kingdom that lasts forever.
- Freedom and victory over sin and the devil.
- Healing from emotional and spiritual wounds.
- An ever-growing, close relationship with Almighty God.
- To be a vessel used by God to save souls from everlasting darkness.
- Supernatural power from God (miracles, healing, wisdom and discernment).
Are there any more blessing you would add? Leave a comment.