In this message, I talk about the reason I left the faith and the future of this website.
It has been about 5 months since my last update. As you may have remembered, I put the ministry on pause to focus on personal growth, and now I’ve returned to say “good-bye” to Let’s Please God.
Not only am I ending this ministry, but I’ve also let go of the Christian faith and religion altogether. This may come as a disappointment and even a shock to some, but I’ve thought this over thoroughly and I ask that you respect my decision.
I’ve been a follower of Christ for over 30 years, and a Bible teacher for over 10 years. I was a faithful fundamentalist believer. I walked in the Spirit, keep the commandments, and did everything right, but I just didn’t get the results the Bible promised.
The only thing I did get was a clear conscience and a moral life.
3 main reasons why I left the faith
- I personally sacrificed and suffered for Christ but didn’t have that consistent joy, nor the power the Bible promised.
- I discovered the Bible was plagiarized from multiple sources including ancient Egyptian philosophies.
- Finally, I learned that the Bible was not initially meant to be taken literally, but rather allegorical
- An allegory is the representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.
What do I believe as of now?
- I believe the Bible is not the infallible word of God, rather a coded book written by men for multiple purposes—one being to control and dis-empower people.
- I no longer believe in a place of torment, or Satan, or a savior named Jesus.
- Accounts like the Garden of Eden, the Great Flood, and the adventures of the Israelites never happened.
- People like Adam & Eve, Moses, Jesus, and Paul never existed.
- I believe the Bible shouldn’t be thrown out, rather approached from an allegorical perspective.
- I believe you should live your life by your conscience, and the counsel of wise and respectable people while considering how your actions affect others; and not strictly by the laws and principles of the Bible.
- I believe you should “know” instead of having blind faith.
- I no longer accept the world view the Bible gives me.
- I’m not an atheist because it’s obviously an intelligent creator exists, but he or she is not what the Bible describes them to be.
- I attribute my past encounters with God to my own mind based on my Christian indoctrination.
Where does this leave this website?
This website will remain up for archive purposes with a site-wide message stating why I left the faith. I will no longer post anything new. I realize a lot of my content has helped people, but there are some biblical doctrines I’ve taught that I feel are damaging like:
- Divorce & remarriage
Since I no longer believe the Bible is the Word of God, people aren’t bound to its teachings. People are free to divorce and remarry without judgment or damnation; although consequences still apply.
- Premarital sex
Since I no longer believe the Bible is the Word of God, people aren’t bound to its laws and are free to have sex whenever and with whoever without judgment or damnation; although consequences still apply.
What am I going to do now?
- I’m going to do my best to show people the danger of religion and especially Christianity.
- I’m going to continue to research and be a scientist of spiritual things.
- I will continue to seek empowerment and spiritual development.
In conclusion, I wish you all the best. I ask that you respect my choice to take this path. You don’t need to pray for me. I’m excited about my life and its future and I feel a sense of freedom.
At this point, I’m what you call an apostate and you should heed the warnings of your Bible about people like me:
1 Timothy 4:1 ESV says
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons…
Hebrews 3:12 ESV says
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.
If you’d like to learn more about my journey, subscribe to my channel on Youtube, but beware, I’ll be saying things that are considered blasphemous and anti-Christ.