The narcissist Jezebel spirit has the capacity to destroy your life. In this sermon, we talk about what leads a person to become a narcissist.
Narcissism has often been referred to as the Jezebel spirit. Psychology reports that narcissism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one’s idealized self image and attributes. This includes self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance because they’re extremely insecure.
The term originated from Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. The American Psychiatric Association has listed the classification narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) in its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders since 1968.
How do people become narcissists?
Narcissism is developed from unhealed childhood trauma and abuse:
- Abuse: physical, sexual, and spiritual
- Neglect of attention, validation, appreciation
- Spoiling a child with no accountability
- Un-forgiveness, resentment, and bitterness from the abuse
Narcissism is an unhealthy defense mechanism to a hostile and dysfunctional upbringing.
Narcissists feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection. They have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation.
What narcs believe
The narcissist has a skewed outlook on life because they believe the following lies:
- I’m entitled to whatever I want no matter if it’s at someone else’s expense because I was wounded.
- The strongest survive. If you’re weak or ignorant, you deserve to be taken advantage of by me.
- People are simply tools and resources for my use (supply).
- I’m to be praised and honored because I’m better than you.
- Anyone who corrects or criticizes me, hates me.
- I can’t trust anyone to do things right. Therefore, my way is the only way that’s right.
- Men or women deserve to be punished because of what happened to me.
- I will bully and control people because, if I don’t, I’ll be bullied and controlled.
A godly perspective on narcissism
- Narcissists are people who’ve chosen to behave recklessly to get what they want in life. There’s nothing wrong with their brains.
- They have unclean spirits in them that are leading, lying to them, and living through them. They are unknowingly in covenant with those demons.
- The have the spirits of Jezebel and Leviathan.
- They are often proud, arrogant, selfish, deceptive, malice, envious, and jealousy.
- They are sinners no matter if they claim to be children of God.
- Even though their behavior is demonic and habitual, God says we are all responsible for the deeds done in our bodies; therefore, they can’t blame the devil for their actions (2 Corinthians 5:10).
- Narcissists are in danger of eternal destruction if they don’t repent.
Anyone can be a narcissist
People with NPD are in all areas of life. They can be:
- Immediate and or extended family members
- Coworkers, colleagues, in-laws
- People in leadership and authority
- Youth coaches and instructors
- Deliverance ministers
- The old and the young
- Some of your entertainers
The Jezebel spirit can be overlooked and hide in plain sight because they can be charming, charismatic, flattering, great performers and providers, talented, good-looking, clean, orderly and often considered “pillars of the community.” But the Spirit of God exposes them and we should heed his warnings.
For more information on narcissism, see my Youtube playlist on the subject below:
Stay subcribed as we expose the traits of the narcissist Jezebel spirit, its tactics, and more.