The phenomenon which some call “holy laughter,” and many other so-called expressions of the Holy Spirit are NOT from him, rather a counterfeit spirit.
What does “laughing in the spirit,” being “slain in the spirit,” gold dust or holy dust, finding diamonds, and angel wings have in common? None of it’s from the Holy Spirit.
This sermon was based on the article titled, “Holy Laughter, Yoga Kundalini.” See that article for more details.
For your reference, this sermon featured the following scriptures:
- Paul warns of another Jesus, another gospel, and another spirit – 2 Corinthians 11:1-4
- The 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit – 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
- Slain in the Spirit – Acts 5:1-11
- God is not the author of confusion – 1 Corinthians 14:33
- The one Bible verse used to justify “holy laughter” – Job 8:21
- The fruit of the Holy Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23
Finally, 1 John 4:1 says, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”