The kingdom of God offers much more than religion like respect, equality, lighter loads, liberty, provision, protection, family, and true identity.
The upsides of religion
- Promotes discipline (taskmaster)
- Benevolence (good works)
- Provides purpose
- Provides identity
- Provides community
All the above are also found in the kingdom of God.
The downsides of religion
- Inequality among men
- Financially draining
- Barrier between God and man
- Heavy burden
None of the above are found in the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God offers much more than religion
- Respect and equality
- God is your provider, protector. You don’t have to fend for yourself.
- Family relationship — Ephesians 1:3-5 says, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us…. In love, he predestined us to be adopted as his [children].”
- Loads are light — Mattew 11:29-30 says, “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Liberty — Luke 4:18 says, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the CAPTIVES, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised…”