In this sermon, you’ll learn what actual submission is. Wives, you’ll learn what to do with a husband you don’t want to submit to. Husbands, you’ll learn what to do with an unsubmissive wife.
- The Bible on wives and submission
- Defining submission
- Questions and answers about submission
Listen to this sermon before you read this article.
God is clear in Scripture that the relationship between a husband and a wife is one of dominance and submission, but why is it so hard for women to fulfill their creation role and what can be done?
The Bible on wives and submission
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing (Ephesians 5:22-24)
1 Peter 3:1-6
1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement (1 Peter 3:1-6)
- To arrange under, to subordinate
- To subject, put in subjection
- To subject one’s self, obey
- To submit to one’s control
- To yield to one’s advice
- To obey, be subject
King James Dictionary
- To surrender; to yield one’s person to the power of another; to give up resistance.
- To yield one’s opinion to the opinion or authority of another. Ex: On hearing the opinion of the court, the counsel submitted without further argument.
- To yield without murmuring (a grumbling; complaining).
My summary definition: submmission is a woman’s cooperation without resistance, argument or complaining.
Questions and answers about submission
Why should wives submit?
- It’s divine order: God > Husband > Wife.
- A family runs smoothly with one head of household.
- Women were created to help men as subordinates (Gen 2:18, 1 Cor 11:8-9).
- A submissive wife could save a wayward husband.
Should women submit to any man?
No. She must submit primarily to her husband or husband to be. But she must respect all men as said in 1 Peter 2:17 (NLT), “Respect everyone, and love the family of believers…”
Why is it hard for women to submit to men:
There are two reasons that make it hard for a wife to submit to her husband:
- He’s not masculine
- He’s not a strong leader
- He’s not strong willed
- He’s not being dominate
- He doesn’t make her feel secure or safe
- Her pride and the curse of Eve
- Deception from a gynocentric culture supports a woman’s pride and the curse of Eve.
Should wives submit to weak husbands?
Wives have free will to do whatever they want, but the Bible gives no exceptions to a wife’s submission to her husband.
How do I get my husband to be dominate?
It’s important to note that no woman can really change a man. You can only change your behavior that could lead to your husband changing his behavior. The following can be done:
- Recognize the plan of the enemy to destroy masculinity, thus his dominance.
- Let go of the wheel and let him drive.
- Be more feminine.
- Pray for him.
I struggle with submission, how do I change?
If you’ve decided to please God and operate in your creation role, you will be blessed. Just know this will be a battle in a gynocetric culture that prefers you to be dominant, but you can succeed with the help of God. The following steps should be taken:
- Repent from being unsubmissive.
- Reject the lies of the enemy.
- Stop supporting programs and content that promote female leadership and empowerment.
- Humble yourself daily.
- Ask for strength and power from God.
- Pray and fast if necessary.
- Let go of the wheel and let him drive.
- Learn all you can about feminity and embrace it. Submission is apart of femininity.
My wife won’t submit, what can I do?
Most men who have awakened to their rights as a man, their role in their marriage, and the lies from a feminist society will want to regain control over their marriage.
Note: no husband can really change his wife. She must want to change. Changing your behavior could lead to her becoming submissive. Take the following steps:
- Make sure you’re being masculine and dominant. If so, lay down the law.
- Have a conversation about your will to please God by being what he created you to be: dominant, a ruler.
- Set punishments for her lack of submission. Example: withdraw your attention.
- Seek a new wife (polygyny) if she’s determined not to cooperate.
Submission is the dreaded S word among “empowered” and “independent” women often being redefined to mean slavery, control, and abuse, but it’s none of those things.
A woman’s submission is simply cooperation with her man without resisting, arguing, and complaining. Like an employee to a manager, submission is a woman’s free will to go with the flow of her husband and simply be agreeable.